JAVA: Merging JSONObject's and JSONArray's

  • Greg Patnude
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2006
      I have identified a need to merge/mangle several discrete JSON objects
      into a single JSON object in Java.

      Has anyone ever developed a method to merge two JSONArray's or two
      JSONObject's into a single JSONObject or JSONArray in Java ???

      I am seeking Array->merge(JSONArray1, JSONArray2) and
      Object->merge(JSONObject1, JSONObject2) functionality... I am not
      looking for append.. there's already plenty of that built into the core
      JSON...

      Note: This is NOT the same as JSONObject.accumulate(key, val) or
      JSONArray.put(val)...

      Any ideas anyone ?
    • Fang Yidong
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2006
        In org.json.simple, a JSONArray is a List and a
        JSONObject is a Map,so you can use
        List.addAll(JSONArray) or Map.addAll(JSONObject) to
        merge them.

        --
        JSON: Action in AJAX!

        JSON - http://www.json.org