Re: Re: [json] JSDL (Javascript Service Definition Language)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2006
      On 6/4/06, Mert Sakarya <mertsakarya@...> wrote:

      > I've finally had the time to check DOJO and JSDL and examining it since
      > Friday.I think I'll be able to use my server-side application (JSDL
      > definition) with DOJO.
      >
      > It's good to know the people are thinking the same way, all over the
      > world. I thought, that this was something that I've found, but hey, someone
      > has already thought about it, and coded it on the web, while I was eating
      > pizza ;). Even the extension was the same. So I think I'll use DOJO as my
      > client-side library, instead of creating one from scratch.
      >
      > I know this is not the place to talk about it, but has anyone been using
      > DOJO on real-time web project in this group? How does it perform? Any
      > recommendations?

      You're right, this is not the place to talk about Dojo. You should check out
      the Dojo mailing lists, and the archives of those lists. There are many,
      many hundreds of Dojo users on the list, so you will get lots of feedback if
      you ask the right questions.

      That said, as for "real-time", it somewhat depends on how you define that
      term. Do you mean highly interactive applications, or do you specifically
      mean Comet applications? Two commercial examples that might be of interest
      to you are http://www.jotlive.com/ and http://www.renkoo.com/. Both are
      built on Dojo.

      At my company, we are using Dojo in current product development, but not for
      real-time purposes (since we don't have any real-time requirements at this
      time). You'd have a hard time persuading me to use anything else.

      Mert Sakarya