Re: never mind the backslash. a double-quote dies. Where is the outrage?

  • jemptymethod
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2005
      Since it's Python, an option might be to access Mr Crockford's Java
      implementation of JSON, via Jython.

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2005
        oops. Editing error from the Python interpreter. The resulting json representation should look something like...

        {"a":" \" "}

        -Patrick

      • jonschull5
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 6, 2005
          Just thought I'd put it on record that both Patrick Logan and Neil
          Schemenauer promptly fixed and updated their python json libraries.
          Logan: https://sourceforge.net/projects/json-py/
          Schemenauer: http://arctrix.com/nas/python/json-1.1.tar.gz

          While they have slightly different output formats (Neil's is more
          verbose, but more human-readable) they seem to be interoperable with
          each other and with Crockford's javascript library (which is as it
          should be).

          Thanks to all!

          Jon
          http://jonschull.blogspot.com