Re: [json] Re: new c++ binding

  • Lindsay
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
      Joe Pruett wrote:
      >> You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(
      >>

      > if i had't seen any downloads, that would make sense. but i've seen more
      > than 20 brave souls grabbing the code.

      Ah - well then yes - they should be feeding back

      --
      Lindsay

    • Joel Lucsy
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
        I looked at your code, but couldn't see any advantage over the existing
        project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsoncpp/
        In fact, I found your code harder to read, less concise, and disliked your
        choice of function/class names. Sorry.

        --
        Joel Lucsy
        "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program." --

      • Will Coleda
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
          On Jun 5, 2006, at 11:38 PM, q7joey wrote:

          > well, it has been a while now and i've seen a fair number of
          > downloads, but so far i've gotten no feedback. i see a few
          > possibilities.

          <SNIP>

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnock%27s_Dilemma

          --
          Will "Coke" Coleda
          will@...
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
            i wasn't aware of that project. the json web site only pointed to the
            zoolib code, which was a huge system that just happened to include json.
            i'll take a look at it. i certainly don't want to reinvent things with no
            appreciable benefit.