Re: [json] Re: new c++ binding

  • Joe Pruett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5 8:50 PM
      > You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(

      if i had't seen any downloads, that would make sense. but i've seen more
      than 20 brave souls grabbing the code.
    • Lindsay
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5 8:52 PM
        Joe Pruett wrote:
        >> You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(
        >>

        > if i had't seen any downloads, that would make sense. but i've seen more
        > than 20 brave souls grabbing the code.

        Ah - well then yes - they should be feeding back

        --
        Lindsay

      • Joel Lucsy
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6 3:16 AM
          I looked at your code, but couldn't see any advantage over the existing
          project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsoncpp/
          In fact, I found your code harder to read, less concise, and disliked your
          choice of function/class names. Sorry.

          --
          Joel Lucsy
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program." --

        • Will Coleda
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6 5:26 AM
            On Jun 5, 2006, at 11:38 PM, q7joey wrote:

            > well, it has been a while now and i've seen a fair number of
            > downloads, but so far i've gotten no feedback. i see a few
            > possibilities.

            <SNIP>

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnock%27s_Dilemma

            --
            Will "Coke" Coleda
            will@...
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6 7:14 AM
              i wasn't aware of that project. the json web site only pointed to the
              zoolib code, which was a huge system that just happened to include json.
              i'll take a look at it. i certainly don't want to reinvent things with no
              appreciable benefit.