Re: [json] Re: new c++ binding

  • Lindsay
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
      q7joey wrote:
      > well, it has been a while now and i've seen a fair number of
      > downloads, but so far i've gotten no feedback. i see a few
      > possibilities.
      >
      > 1. my code is so perfect that nothing needs to be said.
      > 2. the code is so horrible that people are spontaneously combusting
      > when they look at it.
      > 3. the code has become sentient and has taken over anybody's machine
      > that has downloaded it and it has also disabled email so that no one
      > will catch on to its evil plans.
      > 4. the nsa?

      You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(

      --
      Lindsay
    • Joe Pruett
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
        > You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(

        if i had't seen any downloads, that would make sense. but i've seen more
        than 20 brave souls grabbing the code.
      • Lindsay
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
          Joe Pruett wrote:
          >> You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(
          >>

          > if i had't seen any downloads, that would make sense. but i've seen more
          > than 20 brave souls grabbing the code.

          Ah - well then yes - they should be feeding back

          --
          Lindsay

        • Joel Lucsy
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
            I looked at your code, but couldn't see any advantage over the existing
            project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsoncpp/
            In fact, I found your code harder to read, less concise, and disliked your
            choice of function/class names. Sorry.

            --
            Joel Lucsy
            "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program." --

          • Will Coleda
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
              On Jun 5, 2006, at 11:38 PM, q7joey wrote:

              > well, it has been a while now and i've seen a fair number of
              > downloads, but so far i've gotten no feedback. i see a few
              > possibilities.

              <SNIP>

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnock%27s_Dilemma

              --
              Will "Coke" Coleda
              will@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
                i wasn't aware of that project. the json web site only pointed to the
                zoolib code, which was a huge system that just happened to include json.
                i'll take a look at it. i certainly don't want to reinvent things with no
                appreciable benefit.