Re: new c++ binding

  • q7joey
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
      well, it has been a while now and i've seen a fair number of
      downloads, but so far i've gotten no feedback. i see a few
      possibilities.

      1. my code is so perfect that nothing needs to be said.
      2. the code is so horrible that people are spontaneously combusting
      when they look at it.
      3. the code has become sentient and has taken over anybody's machine
      that has downloaded it and it has also disabled email so that no one
      will catch on to its evil plans.
      4. the nsa?

      does anyone have feedback for me (public or private) about the c++
      binding? does it do everything a json binding should? does it do it
      in a way that makes sense? how much more documentation does it need?
      did it compile ok for you?

      hoping to hear something...
    • Lindsay
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
        q7joey wrote:
        > well, it has been a while now and i've seen a fair number of
        > downloads, but so far i've gotten no feedback. i see a few
        > possibilities.
        >
        > 1. my code is so perfect that nothing needs to be said.
        > 2. the code is so horrible that people are spontaneously combusting
        > when they look at it.
        > 3. the code has become sentient and has taken over anybody's machine
        > that has downloaded it and it has also disabled email so that no one
        > will catch on to its evil plans.
        > 4. the nsa?

        You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(

        --
        Lindsay
      • Joe Pruett
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
          > You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(

          if i had't seen any downloads, that would make sense. but i've seen more
          than 20 brave souls grabbing the code.
        • Lindsay
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
            Joe Pruett wrote:
            >> You forgot option 5 - no ones is developing json enabled c++ apps :(
            >>

            > if i had't seen any downloads, that would make sense. but i've seen more
            > than 20 brave souls grabbing the code.

            Ah - well then yes - they should be feeding back

            --
            Lindsay

          • Joel Lucsy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
              I looked at your code, but couldn't see any advantage over the existing
              project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsoncpp/
              In fact, I found your code harder to read, less concise, and disliked your
              choice of function/class names. Sorry.

              --
              Joel Lucsy
              "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program." --

            • Will Coleda
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
                On Jun 5, 2006, at 11:38 PM, q7joey wrote:

                > well, it has been a while now and i've seen a fair number of
                > downloads, but so far i've gotten no feedback. i see a few
                > possibilities.

                <SNIP>

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnock%27s_Dilemma

                --
                Will "Coke" Coleda
                will@...
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
                  i wasn't aware of that project. the json web site only pointed to the
                  zoolib code, which was a huge system that just happened to include json.
                  i'll take a look at it. i certainly don't want to reinvent things with no
                  appreciable benefit.