java/org.json.JSONString

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
      I have added a JSONString interface. A class implementing it can
      customize the JSON serialization of its instances.

      http://www.json.org/java/index.html
    • Mark Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
        Douglas Crockford wrote:
        > I have added a JSONString interface. A class implementing it can
        > customize the JSON serialization of its instances.
        >
        > http://www.json.org/java/index.html

        On that page:
        > If toJSONString throws any exception, or returns a non-string result, then
        > the string value will be obtained the default way.

        This seems like a dangerous masking of errors. If these conditions occur,
        I would think the error should propagate, and the serialization to JSON should
        fail. What am I missing?

        Cheers,
        --MarkM
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
          > > I have added a JSONString interface. A class implementing it can
          > > customize the JSON serialization of its instances.
          > >
          > > http://www.json.org/java/index.html
          >
          > On that page:
          > > If toJSONString throws any exception, or returns a non-string
          result, then
          > > the string value will be obtained the default way.
          >
          > This seems like a dangerous masking of errors. If these conditions
          occur,
          > I would think the error should propagate, and the serialization to
          JSON should

          You are right. It should throw a JSONException instead.