Re: [json] never mind the backslash. a double-quote dies. Where is the outrage?

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
      jonschull5 wrote:
      > I don't understand why this isn't considered a serious flaw in JSON...
      >
      > For any object o, it should be true that
      >
      > json.read( json.write(o) ) == o
      >
      > But this is not true for the object {'a':' " '}

      In E, this gives a syntax error as it should:

      ? term`{'a':' " '}`
      # syntax error:
      # {'a':' " '}
      # ^

      Cheers,
      --MarkM
    • jemptymethod
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2005
        Since it's Python, an option might be to access Mr Crockford's Java
        implementation of JSON, via Jython.

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2005
          oops. Editing error from the Python interpreter. The resulting json representation should look something like...

          {"a":" \" "}

          -Patrick

        • jonschull5
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 6, 2005
            Just thought I'd put it on record that both Patrick Logan and Neil
            Schemenauer promptly fixed and updated their python json libraries.
            Logan: https://sourceforge.net/projects/json-py/
            Schemenauer: http://arctrix.com/nas/python/json-1.1.tar.gz

            While they have slightly different output formats (Neil's is more
            verbose, but more human-readable) they seem to be interoperable with
            each other and with Crockford's javascript library (which is as it
            should be).

            Thanks to all!

            Jon
            http://jonschull.blogspot.com