non-quoted keys?

  • Blake Seely
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2006
      I was just taking a look at the json output from Flickr, and noticed
      that they don't quote any of their keys. As I understand it, that's
      incorrect - at least based on the specs and info on json.org.

      Is that correct? Should I be lobbying them to quote their keys?

      (My parser expects quoted keys because I thought that was required by
      the spec - if it's not required, I should probably just update my
      parser instead of lobbying flickr to quote their keys).

      An example output is here:

      http://www.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?
      id=33248206@N00&format=json

      Thanks,
      Blake

    • Michal Migurski
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 21, 2006
        > I was just taking a look at the json output from Flickr, and noticed
        > that they don't quote any of their keys. As I understand it, that's
        > incorrect - at least based on the specs and info on json.org.
        >
        > Is that correct? Should I be lobbying them to quote their keys?

        No, they should definitely quote their keys. Parsers can be lenient
        in what they accept, but it's lame to produce invalid output like
        this, especially when the spec is so tiny.

        -mike.