Re�� [json] Re: i18n

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2006
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...> wrote:

      > I think UTF-8 is just a transformation format,like GBK
      > and so on. In the 'internal' of both side (client /
      > server),unicode is encoded in UCS-2 or UCS-4. I think
      > support of unicode in JSON refers the latter.

      JSON can be used with languages that use 8-bit chars, 16-bit chars, or
      32-bit chars. Applications use Unicode in the most convenient size,
      which is independent of the wire encoding.
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2006
        It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in JSON. Look at how
        the Subject: of this missage got mangled.
      • Fang Yidong
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19, 2006
          I'm using the GBK version of Yahoo! mail.I forgot to
          change 'Re:' in chinese (3 unicode characters) into
          english.Maybe it's why the subject looks like this.

          --- Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>:

          > It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in
          > JSON. Look at how
          > the Subject: of this missage got mangled.

          雅虎1G免费邮箱百分百防垃圾信
          http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/