Re: [json] Re: i18n

  • Fang Yidong
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 18 6:29 PM
      I think UTF-8 is just a transformation format,like GBK
      and so on. In the 'internal' of both side (client /
      server),unicode is encoded in UCS-2 or UCS-4. I think
      support of unicode in JSON refers the latter.

      http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-
      > 04.txt

      想成为冯小刚、陈凯歌、张纪中三大导演的主角吗?
      http://sostar.cn.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19 6:07 AM
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...> wrote:

        > I think UTF-8 is just a transformation format,like GBK
        > and so on. In the 'internal' of both side (client /
        > server),unicode is encoded in UCS-2 or UCS-4. I think
        > support of unicode in JSON refers the latter.

        JSON can be used with languages that use 8-bit chars, 16-bit chars, or
        32-bit chars. Applications use Unicode in the most convenient size,
        which is independent of the wire encoding.
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19 11:54 AM
          It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in JSON. Look at how
          the Subject: of this missage got mangled.
        • Fang Yidong
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 19 5:16 PM
            I'm using the GBK version of Yahoo! mail.I forgot to
            change 'Re:' in chinese (3 unicode characters) into
            english.Maybe it's why the subject looks like this.

            --- Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>:

            > It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in
            > JSON. Look at how
            > the Subject: of this missage got mangled.

            雅虎1G免费邮箱百分百防垃圾信
            http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/