Re: i18n

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 18 3:53 PM
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Lars Goldschlager" <lars.gold@...> wrote:

      > Now that this comes up, a question needs to be asked.
      >
      > When Unicode chars are specified, is there an inherent encoding
      scheme
      > JSON wide? utf-8? utf-16? another schema?

      You can use any of UTF-8, UTF-16, or UTF-32. I think UTF-8 is the only
      thing that makes sense.

      See http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-
      04.txt
    • Fang Yidong
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 18 6:29 PM
        I think UTF-8 is just a transformation format,like GBK
        and so on. In the 'internal' of both side (client /
        server),unicode is encoded in UCS-2 or UCS-4. I think
        support of unicode in JSON refers the latter.

        --- Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>:

        > --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Lars Goldschlager"
        > <lars.gold@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Now that this comes up, a question needs to be
        > asked.
        > >
        > > When Unicode chars are specified, is there an
        > inherent encoding
        > scheme
        > > JSON wide? utf-8? utf-16? another schema?
        >
        > You can use any of UTF-8, UTF-16, or UTF-32. I think
        > UTF-8 is the only
        > thing that makes sense.
        >
        > See

        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-
        > 04.txt

        想成为冯小刚、陈凯歌、张纪中三大导演的主角吗?
        http://sostar.cn.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19 6:07 AM
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...> wrote:

          > I think UTF-8 is just a transformation format,like GBK
          > and so on. In the 'internal' of both side (client /
          > server),unicode is encoded in UCS-2 or UCS-4. I think
          > support of unicode in JSON refers the latter.

          JSON can be used with languages that use 8-bit chars, 16-bit chars, or
          32-bit chars. Applications use Unicode in the most convenient size,
          which is independent of the wire encoding.
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 19 11:54 AM
            It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in JSON. Look at how
            the Subject: of this missage got mangled.
          • Fang Yidong
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 19 5:16 PM
              I'm using the GBK version of Yahoo! mail.I forgot to
              change 'Re:' in chinese (3 unicode characters) into
              english.Maybe it's why the subject looks like this.

              --- Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>:

              > It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in
              > JSON. Look at how
              > the Subject: of this missage got mangled.

              雅虎1G免费邮箱百分百防垃圾信
              http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/