Re: i18n

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 18 12:23 PM
      If you should discover a gap in any of the implementations, I hope you
      will report it.

      Mind the gap.

      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@...> wrote:

      > Yep, I saw that; was just wondering what the gap between
      specification and implementation
      > is...
      >
      > Cheers,
    • Lars Goldschlager
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 18 1:05 PM
        Now that this comes up, a question needs to be asked.

        When Unicode chars are specified, is there an inherent encoding scheme
        JSON wide? utf-8? utf-16? another schema?

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 18 3:53 PM
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Lars Goldschlager" <lars.gold@...> wrote:

          > Now that this comes up, a question needs to be asked.
          >
          > When Unicode chars are specified, is there an inherent encoding
          scheme
          > JSON wide? utf-8? utf-16? another schema?

          You can use any of UTF-8, UTF-16, or UTF-32. I think UTF-8 is the only
          thing that makes sense.

          See http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-
          04.txt
        • Fang Yidong
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 18 6:29 PM
            I think UTF-8 is just a transformation format,like GBK
            and so on. In the 'internal' of both side (client /
            server),unicode is encoded in UCS-2 or UCS-4. I think
            support of unicode in JSON refers the latter.

            --- Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>:

            > --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Lars Goldschlager"
            > <lars.gold@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Now that this comes up, a question needs to be
            > asked.
            > >
            > > When Unicode chars are specified, is there an
            > inherent encoding
            > scheme
            > > JSON wide? utf-8? utf-16? another schema?
            >
            > You can use any of UTF-8, UTF-16, or UTF-32. I think
            > UTF-8 is the only
            > thing that makes sense.
            >
            > See

            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-
            > 04.txt

            想成为冯小刚、陈凯歌、张纪中三大导演的主角吗?
            http://sostar.cn.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 19 6:07 AM
              --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Fang Yidong <fangyidong@...> wrote:

              > I think UTF-8 is just a transformation format,like GBK
              > and so on. In the 'internal' of both side (client /
              > server),unicode is encoded in UCS-2 or UCS-4. I think
              > support of unicode in JSON refers the latter.

              JSON can be used with languages that use 8-bit chars, 16-bit chars, or
              32-bit chars. Applications use Unicode in the most convenient size,
              which is independent of the wire encoding.
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 19 11:54 AM
                It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in JSON. Look at how
                the Subject: of this missage got mangled.
              • Fang Yidong
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 19 5:16 PM
                  I'm using the GBK version of Yahoo! mail.I forgot to
                  change 'Re:' in chinese (3 unicode characters) into
                  english.Maybe it's why the subject looks like this.

                  --- Douglas Crockford <douglas@...>:

                  > It is a shame that Yahoo!Groups isn't implemented in
                  > JSON. Look at how
                  > the Subject: of this missage got mangled.

                  雅虎1G免费邮箱百分百防垃圾信
                  http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/