Re: Encoding question..

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2005
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "mpcmtechnologies" <WickedLogic@g...> wrote:
      > I have a string containing a single \ character. I'm not quite sure
      > what this string should look like once json encoded. My javascript
      > encoder (a popular one) is giving me `\\\\` ? Shouldn't the correct
      > encoding be `\\`?

      No, it should be "\\". JSON does not use the ` character.
    • MPCM
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2005
        > No, it should be "\\". JSON does not use the ` character.

        Sorry, I have a value of \ and it is encoding it to \\\\. The
        backticks where added to show that that was the value. Sorry for the
        confusion.

        The parser I am using is the javascript one provided via your site,
        [http://www.crockford.com/JSON/json.js%5d.

        Strange, I just tried to generate a test and could not get it to
        repeat what I felt was wrong encoding... must have been something in
        my code. I'll post a follow up if I am able to reproduce it tomorrow
        at work.

        Thank you for setting up these groups and hosting the json site. It
        really is much more fun than xml-rpc.

        --
        Matthew P. C. Morley