RE: [json] C# JSON parser

  • Atif Aziz
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2006
      Jayrock (http://jayrock.berlios.de) also contains a JSON parser written in C#, so you may want to try that version out.

      You can just use the binaries or compile the Visual Studio solution/project by downloading the latest build [1]. Since build 7307, I have also added a batch that triggers a complete Nant build.

      Note that the build has known to fail on some machines with multiple versions of NUnit installed (which I am still trying to nail down), but it always succeeds for a clean, debug, release builds as follows:

      src\Jayrock\build.bat debug release

      To just grab the binaries, look under:

      src\Jayrock\bin

      Although Jayrock bundles JSON and JSON-RPC implementation under one hood for sake of simplicity, the JSON-related classes can be used without relying on anything from the JSON-RPC layer. If absolutely needed, you can also compile an assembly with classes from the Jayrock.Json and Jayrock.Json.Formatters namespaces only.

      Hope this helps.

      [1] http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4638

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2006
        Thanks Atif!

        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Atif Aziz" <atif.aziz@...> wrote:

        > Jayrock (http://jayrock.berlios.de) also contains a JSON parser
        written in C#, so you may want to try that version out.

        > You can just use the binaries or compile the Visual Studio
        solution/project by downloading the latest build [1]. Since build
        7307, I have also added a batch that triggers a complete Nant build.

        > Note that the build has known to fail on some machines with multiple
        versions of NUnit installed (which I am still trying to nail down),
        but it always succeeds for a clean, debug, release builds as follows:

        > src\Jayrock\build.bat debug release
        >
        > To just grab the binaries, look under:
        >
        > src\Jayrock\bin
        >
        > Although Jayrock bundles JSON and JSON-RPC implementation under one
        hood for sake of simplicity, the JSON-related classes can be used
        without relying on anything from the JSON-RPC layer. If absolutely
        needed, you can also compile an assembly with classes from the
        Jayrock.Json and Jayrock.Json.Formatters namespaces only.

        > Hope this helps.
        >
        > [1] http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4638

        Of nhytro
        > Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:04 PM
        > To: json@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [json] C# JSON parser
        >
        > Hi!
        >
        > I´m a JSON newbie!
        >
        > Is ther some kind soul that can help me with compiling the the C# JSON
        > parser on the JSON.ORG site?
        >
        > Both solutions do not compile(JSONConsole, JSONlib). I using Visual
        > studio C# .Net 2003 with thw 1.1 framework version.
        >
        > Opening the JSONlib project and pressing F5 results into this:
        >
        > D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(72): Der Typ
        > oder Namespace 'JSONObject' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
        > M�glicherweise fehlt eine Anweisung oder ein Assemblyverweis.
        > D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(73): Der Typ
        > oder Namespace 'jso' konnte nicht gefunden werden. M�glicherweise
        >
        > and so on and so forth, It complains of the missing assembly, but I
        > cant build the assembly thats its compalining about.
        >

        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Sharriff
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • nhytro
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2006
          Strange, nobody seems to be using the C# parser on the site, well for
          those that dont want to lose hair or bite their desks, this reference
          is missing in:

          JSONTokenizer.cs
          JSONObject.cs

          add "using System.Globalization;", amd the project would compile fine

          cheers

          Sharriff