Re: [json] JSON Help needed

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2006
      On 2/21/06, Gugnani, Tarun <tarun.gugnani@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for your inputs Mike !!
      > But i guess json object is nothing but an an string which can again be a
      > part of XML
      > <java>Here goes Json Object</java>
      > but i will save a lot of parsing time & probably i will gain on
      > performance. Thats what my feeling is..
      > as i am also new to JSON .. correct me if i am wrong .

      This seems somewhat counter to an SOA approach. Yes, "parsing" - or rather,
      eval-ing - JSON in a browser (or other JavaScript client) will most likely
      be faster than parsing XML. But now you are assuming knowledge and
      capabilities of your clients, which is antithetical to SOA.

      As someone else already pointed out, you're already going to have to have
      XML support on all clients and servers, so it's questionable as to why you'd
      want to have to support parsing and generation of JSON on all of them as
      well. Plus, you'll lose any ability to validate against an XML Schema by
      using JSON.

      My 2 cents.

      Regards,