C# JSON parser

  • nhytro
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2006
      Hi!

      I´m a JSON newbie!

      Is ther some kind soul that can help me with compiling the the C# JSON
      parser on the JSON.ORG site?

      Both solutions do not compile(JSONConsole, JSONlib). I using Visual
      studio C# .Net 2003 with thw 1.1 framework version.

      Opening the JSONlib project and pressing F5 results into this:

      D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(72): Der Typ
      oder Namespace 'JSONObject' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
      M�glicherweise fehlt eine Anweisung oder ein Assemblyverweis.
      D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(73): Der Typ
      oder Namespace 'jso' konnte nicht gefunden werden. M�glicherweise

      and so on and so forth, It complains of the missing assembly, but I
      cant build the assembly thats its compalining about.

      Thanks in advance.

      Sharriff
    • Atif Aziz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2006
        Jayrock (http://jayrock.berlios.de) also contains a JSON parser written in C#, so you may want to try that version out.

        You can just use the binaries or compile the Visual Studio solution/project by downloading the latest build [1]. Since build 7307, I have also added a batch that triggers a complete Nant build.

        Note that the build has known to fail on some machines with multiple versions of NUnit installed (which I am still trying to nail down), but it always succeeds for a clean, debug, release builds as follows:

        src\Jayrock\build.bat debug release

        To just grab the binaries, look under:

        src\Jayrock\bin

        Although Jayrock bundles JSON and JSON-RPC implementation under one hood for sake of simplicity, the JSON-related classes can be used without relying on anything from the JSON-RPC layer. If absolutely needed, you can also compile an assembly with classes from the Jayrock.Json and Jayrock.Json.Formatters namespaces only.

        Hope this helps.

        [1] http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4638

        Is ther some kind soul that can help me with compiling the the C# JSON
        parser on the JSON.ORG site?

        Both solutions do not compile(JSONConsole, JSONlib). I using Visual
        studio C# .Net 2003 with thw 1.1 framework version.

        Opening the JSONlib project and pressing F5 results into this:

        D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(72): Der Typ
        oder Namespace 'JSONObject' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
        M�glicherweise fehlt eine Anweisung oder ein Assemblyverweis.
        D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(73): Der Typ
        oder Namespace 'jso' konnte nicht gefunden werden. M�glicherweise

        and so on and so forth, It complains of the missing assembly, but I
        cant build the assembly thats its compalining about.

        Thanks in advance.

        Sharriff

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • nhytro
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2006
          Thanks Atif!

          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Atif Aziz" <atif.aziz@...> wrote:

          > Jayrock (http://jayrock.berlios.de) also contains a JSON parser
          written in C#, so you may want to try that version out.

          > You can just use the binaries or compile the Visual Studio
          solution/project by downloading the latest build [1]. Since build
          7307, I have also added a batch that triggers a complete Nant build.

          > Note that the build has known to fail on some machines with multiple
          versions of NUnit installed (which I am still trying to nail down),
          but it always succeeds for a clean, debug, release builds as follows:

          > src\Jayrock\build.bat debug release
          >
          > To just grab the binaries, look under:
          >
          > src\Jayrock\bin
          >
          > Although Jayrock bundles JSON and JSON-RPC implementation under one
          hood for sake of simplicity, the JSON-related classes can be used
          without relying on anything from the JSON-RPC layer. If absolutely
          needed, you can also compile an assembly with classes from the
          Jayrock.Json and Jayrock.Json.Formatters namespaces only.

          > Hope this helps.
          >
          > [1] http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4638

          Of nhytro
          > Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:04 PM
          > To: json@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [json] C# JSON parser
          >
          > Hi!
          >
          > I´m a JSON newbie!
          >
          > Is ther some kind soul that can help me with compiling the the C# JSON
          > parser on the JSON.ORG site?
          >
          > Both solutions do not compile(JSONConsole, JSONlib). I using Visual
          > studio C# .Net 2003 with thw 1.1 framework version.
          >
          > Opening the JSONlib project and pressing F5 results into this:
          >
          > D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(72): Der Typ
          > oder Namespace 'JSONObject' konnte nicht gefunden werden.
          > M�glicherweise fehlt eine Anweisung oder ein Assemblyverweis.
          > D:\languages\javascript\JSON\cs\cs\JSONConsole\Driver.cs(73): Der Typ
          > oder Namespace 'jso' konnte nicht gefunden werden. M�glicherweise
          >
          > and so on and so forth, It complains of the missing assembly, but I
          > cant build the assembly thats its compalining about.
          >

          > Thanks in advance.
          >
          > Sharriff
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • nhytro
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 25, 2006
            Strange, nobody seems to be using the C# parser on the site, well for
            those that dont want to lose hair or bite their desks, this reference
            is missing in:

            JSONTokenizer.cs
            JSONObject.cs

            add "using System.Globalization;", amd the project would compile fine

            cheers

            Sharriff