Re: [json] Now! XML Free!

  • Greg Macdonald
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 19, 2006
      Take advantage of the branding.

      AJAX Light - the simpler, faster AJAX

      Greg

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@...>
      To: <json@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:43 AM
      Subject: [json] Now! XML Free!

      Jesse James Garrett gave an old idea, dynamic update as an alternative
      to page replacement in web applications, a new name: Ajax
      (Asynchronous JavaScript + XML). With this new moniker, interactive
      web application development has become the hottest thing since canned
      beer. But the hipsters aren't using XML, they are using JSON. These
      new apps are about data, not documents, so JSON just makes more sense.
      They still call it Ajax, but there is still that x hanging there that
      just doesn't fit.

      So my suggestion is to drop the x. That yields Aja.

      King Aja was the grandfather of Rama. His consort was the heavenly
      nymph Indumati.

      Aja was also a top rated Steely Dan album.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • usidoesit
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 21, 2006
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Macdonald" <greg@...> wrote:

        > Take advantage of the branding.
        >
        > AJAX Light - the simpler, faster AJAX
        >
        > Greg

        Greg,

        Good idea, what can we take advantage of in the AJAX juggernaught?

        That is the right connection, a light one capable of being severed
        when AJAX sinks.

        At the risk of repeating, how about JSON?

        Rolls off the tongue: Jason.

        Think of the branding there though. Friday the 13th...Jason Lives.

        -R

        44 members now! learning to do the Gonzo...saying peoples names...