Re: Now! XML Free!

  • Stefan Gössner
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 19, 2006
      What about

      AWOX = Ajax WithOut XML
      AIOX = Ajax Independent of XML
    • Greg Macdonald
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 19, 2006
        Take advantage of the branding.

        AJAX Light - the simpler, faster AJAX

        Greg

        ----- Original Message -----
        From: "Douglas Crockford" <douglas@...>
        To: <json@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:43 AM
        Subject: [json] Now! XML Free!

        Jesse James Garrett gave an old idea, dynamic update as an alternative
        to page replacement in web applications, a new name: Ajax
        (Asynchronous JavaScript + XML). With this new moniker, interactive
        web application development has become the hottest thing since canned
        beer. But the hipsters aren't using XML, they are using JSON. These
        new apps are about data, not documents, so JSON just makes more sense.
        They still call it Ajax, but there is still that x hanging there that
        just doesn't fit.

        So my suggestion is to drop the x. That yields Aja.

        King Aja was the grandfather of Rama. His consort was the heavenly
        nymph Indumati.

        Aja was also a top rated Steely Dan album.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • usidoesit
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 21, 2006
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Macdonald" <greg@...> wrote:

          > Take advantage of the branding.
          >
          > AJAX Light - the simpler, faster AJAX
          >
          > Greg

          Greg,

          Good idea, what can we take advantage of in the AJAX juggernaught?

          That is the right connection, a light one capable of being severed
          when AJAX sinks.

          At the risk of repeating, how about JSON?

          Rolls off the tongue: Jason.

          Think of the branding there though. Friday the 13th...Jason Lives.

          -R

          44 members now! learning to do the Gonzo...saying peoples names...