XML convert to JSON

  • diccsy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2006
      Hi All,
      I need help. Sorry, my english is wrong.
      I have an XML file :
      <CrossPromotion>
      <ItemID>4504618045</ItemID>
      <PrimaryScheme>StoreToStoreCat</PrimaryScheme>
      <PromotionMethod>UpSell</PromotionMethod>
      <SellerID>joe_healthcheck_0310</SellerID>
      <ShippingDiscount>false</ShippingDiscount>
      <SellerKey>0</SellerKey>
      <PromotedItem>
      <ItemID>4504329237</ItemID>
      <position>1</position>
      <PromotionPrice currencyID="EUR">100000</PromotionPrice>
      <PromotionPriceType>CustomCode</PromotionPriceType>
      <SelectionType>Automatic</SelectionType>
      <Title>Test Real Estate Ad Title</Title>
      <ListingType>AdType</ListingType>
      </PromotedItem>
      <PromotedItem>
      <ItemID>4504329239</ItemID>
      <position>2</position>
      <PromotionPrice currencyID="USD">100000</PromotionPrice>
      <PromotionPriceType>CustomCode</PromotionPriceType>
      <SelectionType>Automatic</SelectionType>
      <Title>Test Real Estate Ad Title</Title>
      <ListingType>AdType</ListingType>
      </PromotedItem>
      <CrossPromotion>
      how can i put this an JSON object?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2006
        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "diccsy" <diccsy@...> wrote:

        > I have an XML file :
        > <CrossPromotion>
        > <ItemID>4504618045</ItemID>
        > <PrimaryScheme>StoreToStoreCat</PrimaryScheme>
        > <PromotionMethod>UpSell</PromotionMethod>
        > <SellerID>joe_healthcheck_0310</SellerID>
        > <ShippingDiscount>false</ShippingDiscount>
        > <SellerKey>0</SellerKey>
        > <PromotedItem>
        > <ItemID>4504329237</ItemID>
        > <position>1</position>
        > <PromotionPrice currencyID="EUR">100000</PromotionPrice>
        > <PromotionPriceType>CustomCode</PromotionPriceType>
        > <SelectionType>Automatic</SelectionType>
        > <Title>Test Real Estate Ad Title</Title>
        > <ListingType>AdType</ListingType>
        > </PromotedItem>
        > <PromotedItem>
        > <ItemID>4504329239</ItemID>
        > <position>2</position>
        > <PromotionPrice currencyID="USD">100000</PromotionPrice>
        > <PromotionPriceType>CustomCode</PromotionPriceType>
        > <SelectionType>Automatic</SelectionType>
        > <Title>Test Real Estate Ad Title</Title>
        > <ListingType>AdType</ListingType>
        > </PromotedItem>
        > <CrossPromotion>
        > how can i put this an JSON object?

        This is one possible way:

        {
        "CrossPromotion": {
        "ItemID": 4504618045,
        "PrimaryScheme": "StoreToStoreCat",
        "PromotionMethod": "UpSell",
        "SellerID": "joe_healthcheck_0310",
        "ShippingDiscount": false,
        "PromotedItem": [
        {
        "ItemID": 4504329237,
        "position": 1,
        "PromotionPrice": {
        "currencyID": "EUR",
        "content": 100000
        },
        "PromotionPriceType": "CustomCode",
        "SelectionType": "Automatic",
        "Title": "Test Real Estate Ad Title",
        "ListingType": "AdType"
        }, {
        "ItemID": 4504329239,
        "position": 2,
        "PromotionPrice": {
        "currencyID": "EUR",
        "content": 100000
        },
        "PromotionPriceType": "CustomCode",
        "SelectionType": "Automatic",
        "Title": "Test Real Estate Ad Title",
        "ListingType": "AdType"
        }
        ]

        Transformations like this can be done automatically with the Java
        class org.json.XML.
      • diccsy diccsy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2006
          Hi,
          ok i understand thet output, but how can i make this? JSON have a function, which receive one XMLReader object and result is an JSON object?

          Douglas Crockford <douglas@...> wrote: --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "diccsy" <diccsy@...> wrote:

          > I have an XML file :
          > <CrossPromotion>
          > <ItemID>4504618045</ItemID>
          > <PrimaryScheme>StoreToStoreCat</PrimaryScheme>
          > <PromotionMethod>UpSell</PromotionMethod>
          > <SellerID>joe_healthcheck_0310</SellerID>
          > <ShippingDiscount>false</ShippingDiscount>
          > <SellerKey>0</SellerKey>
          > <PromotedItem>
          > <ItemID>4504329237</ItemID>
          > <position>1</position>
          > <PromotionPrice currencyID="EUR">100000</PromotionPrice>
          > <PromotionPriceType>CustomCode</PromotionPriceType>
          > <SelectionType>Automatic</SelectionType>
          > <Title>Test Real Estate Ad Title</Title>
          > <ListingType>AdType</ListingType>
          > </PromotedItem>
          > <PromotedItem>
          > <ItemID>4504329239</ItemID>
          > <position>2</position>
          > <PromotionPrice currencyID="USD">100000</PromotionPrice>
          > <PromotionPriceType>CustomCode</PromotionPriceType>
          > <SelectionType>Automatic</SelectionType>
          > <Title>Test Real Estate Ad Title</Title>
          > <ListingType>AdType</ListingType>
          > </PromotedItem>
          > <CrossPromotion>
          > how can i put this an JSON object?

          This is one possible way:

          {
          "CrossPromotion": {
          "ItemID": 4504618045,
          "PrimaryScheme": "StoreToStoreCat",
          "PromotionMethod": "UpSell",
          "SellerID": "joe_healthcheck_0310",
          "ShippingDiscount": false,
          "PromotedItem": [
          {
          "ItemID": 4504329237,
          "position": 1,
          "PromotionPrice": {
          "currencyID": "EUR",
          "content": 100000
          },
          "PromotionPriceType": "CustomCode",
          "SelectionType": "Automatic",
          "Title": "Test Real Estate Ad Title",
          "ListingType": "AdType"
          }, {
          "ItemID": 4504329239,
          "position": 2,
          "PromotionPrice": {
          "currencyID": "EUR",
          "content": 100000
          },
          "PromotionPriceType": "CustomCode",
          "SelectionType": "Automatic",
          "Title": "Test Real Estate Ad Title",
          "ListingType": "AdType"
          }
          ]

          Transformations like this can be done automatically with the Java
          class org.json.XML.

          Json Programming languages Format Computer security Computer training Large format