Re: [json] JSON and Firefox Javascript Console

  • Mike D
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2006
      lol I give up. I tried using several charsets along with text/plain, text/javascript, application/x-javascript, application/javascript and application/x-_javascript but the error is still there.

      The JSON object gets parsed perfectly though. I just hate seeing these errors on my JS Console everytime I test the page.

      Thanks

      Jim Washington <jwashin@...> wrote: Mike D wrote:

      >well, here's the line that grabs the json string:
      >var jsonObj = JSON.parse(http.responseText);
      >
      >fyi: Im using the JSON Parser from json.org
      >
      >Do you think I/we should consider this an FF issue since the errors doesn't show up on IE and Opera and it is functioning pretty well? I was just concerned that there might be something wrong with my json string.

      What content-type are you sending with your JSON? Is there a charset
      involved?

      I've found that similar "I can't parse this" issues are sometimes
      resolved if you use "application/x-javascript" for content-type.

      Worth a try, at least.

      -Jim Washington