RE: [json] JSON and YAML

  • Atif Aziz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2006
      Dave, you're not the only one. I am assuming you're feeling lonely :-)
      because you may have missed my sentiments on the subject. I expressed
      the same concerns and a call for comment in message #159 [1] when
      Douglas reasoned, "...removing comments aligns JSON more closely with
      YAML."

      - Atif

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2006
        > > YAML has two productions
        > > in which spaces are significant where in JSON they are not.
        > > I hope they can resolve that soon.
        >
        > Thanks for clarifying this [1]. Just for completeness, could you
        > expand on which productions these are? The only one that I am aware of
        > at the moment is the colon space in hashes. What's the other one?
        > Comma space between each value of a sequential list or dictionary?

        Yes. The problem is that they allow comma as a thousands separator, so
        [1,999] produces a different result than [1, 999].