Re: JSON Prob

  • alvinz_c
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2006
      Thanks for your suggestion. It works !! Thanks .... :)

      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, MPCM <WickedLogic@g...> wrote:

      > celldata is an array of objects, each object having 2 properties.
      >
      > You can loop through the properties and count, but I'm not sure if
      there is
      > a function that will return the flat count. If there is, I haven't
      run
      > across it yet online. It is crude, and I'd love to see a better
      way.

      > Something like
      > var i=0;
      > for(var prop in celldata[0]){i++;}
      > --
      > Matt

    • Atif Aziz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
        Bear in mind that the following...

        [ {firstcell:"yyy",secondcell:"xxx"},
        {firstcell:"yyy",secondcell:"xxx"},
        {firstcell:"yyy",secondcell:"xxx"} ]
        <<

        ...is not valid JSON. Technically, it is valid JavaScript, but for you
        to call it JSON data (as per the spec), you mush double-quote the
        property names as well (just like strings). That is, all occurrences of
        firstcell and secondcell must be literally expressed as "firstcell" and
        "secondcell". See also message #187 [1] for more on this.