Re: [json] JSON Prob

  • MPCM
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2006
      celldata is an array of objects, each object having 2 properties.

      You can loop through the properties and count, but I'm not sure if there is
      a function that will return the flat count. If there is, I haven't run
      across it yet online. It is crude, and I'd love to see a better way.

      Something like
      var i=0;
      for(var prop in celldata[0]){i++;}
      --
      Matt

    • alvinz_c
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2006
        Thanks for your suggestion. It works !! Thanks .... :)

        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, MPCM <WickedLogic@g...> wrote:

        > celldata is an array of objects, each object having 2 properties.
        >
        > You can loop through the properties and count, but I'm not sure if
        there is
        > a function that will return the flat count. If there is, I haven't
        run
        > across it yet online. It is crude, and I'd love to see a better
        way.

        > Something like
        > var i=0;
        > for(var prop in celldata[0]){i++;}
        > --
        > Matt

      • Atif Aziz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
          Bear in mind that the following...

          [ {firstcell:"yyy",secondcell:"xxx"},
          {firstcell:"yyy",secondcell:"xxx"},
          {firstcell:"yyy",secondcell:"xxx"} ]
          <<

          ...is not valid JSON. Technically, it is valid JavaScript, but for you
          to call it JSON data (as per the spec), you mush double-quote the
          property names as well (just like strings). That is, all occurrences of
          firstcell and secondcell must be literally expressed as "firstcell" and
          "secondcell". See also message #187 [1] for more on this.