Using ACLs in JSON

  • Peter brooks
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013
      I'm designing a system that should allow different views to different audiences. I understand that I can use application logic to control the access security, but it seems to me that it'd make more sense to have this documented in the data-stream so that it's data-driven.

      I was wondering if there was any standard way of doing this in JSON. I can't find anything. I've searched through posts on this group and can't find anything - but I may have used the wrong search terms.

      I've put an example of the sort of thing that I mean below. The idea is that this object is accessible for viewing or deleting by the role 'HR' and available for change only to the owner of the record itself. In addition, the record can be viewed by those with the role 'manager'. The syntax may be wrong, but I hope that my intention is reasonably clear.

      Is there an existing practice or standard for doing this sort of thing?