new JSON encoder/decoder for Prolog

  • Jose F. Morales
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
      Dear all,

      I am not really sure if this is the right place to ask for this, but
      we recently introduced a JSON encoding/decoding library in Ciao
      (http://ciaohome.org, a multiparadigm Prolog dialect). Would it be
      possible to list this implementation:

      http://ciaohome.org/docs/ciao/json.html

      in http://www.json.org/index.html, as an alternative for the SWI
      Prolog library?

      Kind Regards,

      Jose (and the Ciao Dev. Team)
    • Jose F. Morales
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2012
        Dear all,

        Thank you very much for including the "Ciao JSON encoder and
        decoder" under the Prolog section. As a last request, we are
        wondering if we could have an additional entry for the "Ciao"
        language (Ciao is a new multiparadigm language which has Prolog as
        a subset). We are exactly in the same situation as Racket (whose
        JSON parser appears both under a specific entry for Racket and also
        under the more generic one for PLT-Scheme).

        Sorry for any inconvenience.

        Jose (and the Ciao Dev. Team)

        --
        Jose
      • douglascrockford
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2012
          --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Jose F. Morales" <jfran@...> wrote:

          > Thank you very much for including the "Ciao JSON encoder and
          > decoder" under the Prolog section. As a last request, we are
          > wondering if we could have an additional entry for the "Ciao"
          > language (Ciao is a new multiparadigm language which has Prolog as
          > a subset). We are exactly in the same situation as Racket (whose
          > JSON parser appears both under a specific entry for Racket and also
          > under the more generic one for PLT-Scheme).

          Do you want to be listed as Ciao or as Prolog?
        • Jose F. Morales
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 24, 2012
            --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "douglascrockford" <douglas@...> wrote:

            > --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Jose F. Morales" <jfran@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thank you very much for including the "Ciao JSON encoder and
            > > decoder" under the Prolog section. As a last request, we are
            > > wondering if we could have an additional entry for the "Ciao"
            > > language (Ciao is a new multiparadigm language which has Prolog as
            > > a subset). We are exactly in the same situation as Racket (whose
            > > JSON parser appears both under a specific entry for Racket and also
            > > under the more generic one for PLT-Scheme).
            >
            > Do you want to be listed as Ciao or as Prolog?

            As both, since the library supports both Ciao and Prolog (similarly to
            the Racket/PLT-scheme library).

            --
            Jose
          • Ben Atkin
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 24, 2012
              My understanding is that implementations are only to be listed once. If they were listed twice for languages that were (near-)supersets of other languages, all of the C implementations would be duplicated in the C++ section. I think you ought to pick one section for it to appear in, and I think that for now, listing it as Prolog is the best choice.

              Ben

              --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Jose F. Morales" <jfran@...> wrote:

              > --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "douglascrockford" <douglas@> wrote:
              >
              > > --- In json@yahoogroups.com, "Jose F. Morales" <jfran@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Thank you very much for including the "Ciao JSON encoder and
              > > > decoder" under the Prolog section. As a last request, we are
              > > > wondering if we could have an additional entry for the "Ciao"
              > > > language (Ciao is a new multiparadigm language which has Prolog as
              > > > a subset). We are exactly in the same situation as Racket (whose
              > > > JSON parser appears both under a specific entry for Racket and also
              > > > under the more generic one for PLT-Scheme).
              > >
              > > Do you want to be listed as Ciao or as Prolog?
              >
              > As both, since the library supports both Ciao and Prolog (similarly to
              > the Racket/PLT-scheme library).
              >
              > --
              > Jose

            • Jose F. Morales
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 28, 2012
                Thank you for the explanation. In that case, it is much more precise
                if it appears just as Ciao. This version of the library will
                definitely not run as vanilla Prolog as it uses features only
                available in the Ciao superset. Sorry for the confusion.

                --
                Jose