Re: Order of members and equality

  • douglascrockford
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2012
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, John Cowan <cowan@...> wrote:

      > I think you are wrong, and that order does not matter when it comes to
      > objects, though the JSON RFC is characteristically silent on the point.

      An object is an unordered collection of zero or more name/value
      pairs, where a name is a string and a value is a string, number,
      boolean, null, object, or array.

      http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt?number=4627
    • John Cowan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2012
        douglascrockford scripsit:

        > > I think you are wrong, and that order does not matter when it comes to
        > > objects, though the JSON RFC is characteristically silent on the point.
        >
        > An object is an unordered collection of zero or more name/value
        > pairs, where a name is a string and a value is a string, number,
        > boolean, null, object, or array.

        Touche. And thanks.

        --
        [W]hen I wrote it I was more than a little John Cowan
        febrile with foodpoisoning from an antique carrot cowan@...