Jansson 2.4 released

  • Petri Lehtinen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012
      Jansson 2.4 has been released. This release adds features, fixes a few
      bugs, and makes the library buildable on Microsoft Visual Studio.

      My blog post gives a broader overview of the changes:

      http://www.digip.org/blog/2012/09/jansson-2.4-released.html

      Here's a summary anyway:

      * New features:

      - Add json_boolean() macro that returns the JSON true or false value
      based on its argument.

      - Add json_load_callback() that calls a callback function repeatedly
      to read the JSON input.

      - Add JSON_ESCAPE_SLASH encoding flag to escape all occurences of /
      with \/.

      * Bug fixes:

      - Check for and reject NaN and Inf values for reals. Encoding these
      values resulted in invalid JSON.

      - Fix json_real_set() to return -1 on error.

      * Build:

      - Jansson now builds on Windows with Visual Studio 2010, and
      includes solution and project files in win32/vs2010/ directory.

      Download source: http://www.digip.org/jansson/releases/jansson-2.4.tar.gz
      View documentation: http://www.digip.org/jansson/doc/2.4/
      Full list of changes: http://www.digip.org/jansson/doc/2.4/changes.html#version-2-4

      What is Jansson?
      ----------------

      Jansson is a C library for encoding, decoding and manipulating JSON data.
      It features:

      * Simple and intuitive API and data model
      * Comprehensive documentation
      * No dependencies on other libraries
      * Full Unicode support (UTF-8)
      * Extensive test suite

      Jansson is licensed under the MIT license.

      For more details, see http://www.digip.org/jansson/.

      Petri Lehtinen