Re: [json] Re: JSON Propositions

  • Andrew Faulds
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 11 9:03 AM
      How many times do these things have to be made clear?

      - JSON is a subset of ECMAScript 3, not just JavaScript
      - JSON used to have comments, but they were removed since people used them
      for parsing directives
      - JSON is not a configuration file format, and is for data serialisation
      - JSON is never, ever, ever going to change, no matter how much you want it

      Thanks.

      Andrew Faulds (AJF)
      http://ajf.me/

    • Jonas Tärnström
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 16, 2012
        The beauty and usefulness of JSON is in my opinion more of what they left
        out than what they took in.
        Any attempts to extend it is to make it less useful.

        //JT

        2012/7/10 johnnys <marler8997@...>

        > **
        >

        > I've published a web page with some propositions to modify JSON at
        > http://json.marler.info <http://json.marler.info>
        > I wanted to post this so I could see what people think of these
        > propositions. Any comments/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

        Jonas T�rnstr�m
        Product Manager
        � e-mail: jonas.tarnstrom@...
        � skype: full name "Jonas T�rnstr�m"