Re: JSON Propositions

  • douglascrockford
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 10, 2012
      --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...> wrote:
      > Comments are perhaps the single one thing I really wish JSON had,
      > omission of which was IMO a grave mistake for any textual format.

      I'll say this one more time: If you want comments, then pipe JSMin in front of your JSON parser. You don't need a new standard.
    • Jonas Tärnström
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 16, 2012
        The beauty and usefulness of JSON is in my opinion more of what they left
        out than what they took in.
        Any attempts to extend it is to make it less useful.

        //JT

        2012/7/10 johnnys <marler8997@...>

        > **
        >

        > I've published a web page with some propositions to modify JSON at
        > http://json.marler.info <http://json.marler.info>
        > I wanted to post this so I could see what people think of these
        > propositions. Any comments/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

        Jonas T�rnstr�m
        Product Manager
        � e-mail: jonas.tarnstrom@...
        � skype: full name "Jonas T�rnstr�m"