Re: [json] Re: JSON Propositions

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 10 2:27 PM
      Andrew Faulds scripsit:

      > For configs I ask, why not just use Microsoft's Initialisation file format
      > (.ini)? It's limited, sure, you only have 1 level of depth, but it's fine
      > for most things.

      Actually, multiple levels are permitted by convention. If the name inside
      the brackets has backslashes in it, it is interpreted as a multi-level name.

      --
      John Cowan http://ccil.org/~cowan cowan@...
      SAXParserFactory [is] a hideous, evil monstrosity of a class that should
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 16, 2012
        The beauty and usefulness of JSON is in my opinion more of what they left
        out than what they took in.
        Any attempts to extend it is to make it less useful.

        //JT

        2012/7/10 johnnys <marler8997@...>

        > **
        >

        > I've published a web page with some propositions to modify JSON at
        > http://json.marler.info <http://json.marler.info>
        > I wanted to post this so I could see what people think of these
        > propositions. Any comments/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

        Jonas T�rnstr�m
        Product Manager
        � e-mail: jonas.tarnstrom@...
        � skype: full name "Jonas T�rnstr�m"