Re: [json] JSON Propositions

  • Gregg Irwin
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 10, 2012
      Thanks for taking the time to write your propositions and post here. I
      agree with others here, Jos making the same points I would (though I
      don't care for YAML myself).

      I maintain the REBOL JSON library and, like Ben, like the idea of
      comments. They used to be there, and I only removed support for them
      after Douglas Crockford confirmed that they would never come back, and
      that JSON was meant for machines (e.g. serialization), not humans
      (e.g. configs). I wish Prop II were the standard, but understand the
      reason it isn't.

      --Gregg
    • Jonas Tärnström
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 16, 2012
        The beauty and usefulness of JSON is in my opinion more of what they left
        out than what they took in.
        Any attempts to extend it is to make it less useful.

        //JT

        2012/7/10 johnnys <marler8997@...>

        > **
        >

        > I've published a web page with some propositions to modify JSON at
        > http://json.marler.info <http://json.marler.info>
        > I wanted to post this so I could see what people think of these
        > propositions. Any comments/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

        Jonas T�rnstr�m
        Product Manager
        � e-mail: jonas.tarnstrom@...
        � skype: full name "Jonas T�rnstr�m"