Re: [json] JSON Propositions

    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 10, 2012
      On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Andrew Faulds <ajfweb@...> wrote:
      > I don't think this is a good idea. One of the best things, if not the best,
      > about JSON is the lack of a version number. The standard is frozen and will
      > never change, and because of that there is only one thing called JSON, and
      > everything that supports "JSON" today will support it tommorow, too.
      >
      > Also, you haven't added omitting quotes round key names, and you've
      > introduced features JavaScript doesn't have, so I dislike it for that
      > reason anyway.

      I second this.

      If anyone wants to "modify" standard JSON, it is best done by
      proposing a new standard since there is no practical way of
      introducing alternative versions of JSON (as explained above).
      Call it MyCoolDataFormat, StuffLikeJson whatever: nothing wrong in
      proposing new formats that look a bit like existing ones.

      -+ Tatu +-
    • Jonas Tärnström
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 16, 2012
        The beauty and usefulness of JSON is in my opinion more of what they left
        out than what they took in.
        Any attempts to extend it is to make it less useful.

        //JT

        2012/7/10 johnnys <marler8997@...>

        > **
        >

        > I've published a web page with some propositions to modify JSON at
        > http://json.marler.info <http://json.marler.info>
        > I wanted to post this so I could see what people think of these
        > propositions. Any comments/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

        Jonas T�rnstr�m
        Product Manager
        � e-mail: jonas.tarnstrom@...
        � skype: full name "Jonas T�rnstr�m"