Re: [json] JSON Propositions

  • Andrew Faulds
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 10, 2012
      I don't think this is a good idea. One of the best things, if not the best,
      about JSON is the lack of a version number. The standard is frozen and will
      never change, and because of that there is only one thing called JSON, and
      everything that supports "JSON" today will support it tommorow, too.

      Also, you haven't added omitting quotes round key names, and you've
      introduced features JavaScript doesn't have, so I dislike it for that
      reason anyway.

      On 10 July 2012 20:32, johnnys <marler8997@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I've published a web page with some propositions to modify JSON at
      > http://json.marler.info <http://json.marler.info>
      > I wanted to post this so I could see what people think of these
      > propositions. Any comments/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

      Andrew Faulds (AJF)
      http://ajf.me/

    • Jonas Tärnström
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 16, 2012
        The beauty and usefulness of JSON is in my opinion more of what they left
        out than what they took in.
        Any attempts to extend it is to make it less useful.

        //JT

        2012/7/10 johnnys <marler8997@...>

        > **
        >

        > I've published a web page with some propositions to modify JSON at
        > http://json.marler.info <http://json.marler.info>
        > I wanted to post this so I could see what people think of these
        > propositions. Any comments/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

        Jonas T�rnstr�m
        Product Manager
        � e-mail: jonas.tarnstrom@...
        � skype: full name "Jonas T�rnstr�m"