Yet another C++ JSON Serializer

  • loki.astari@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2012
      Hi all,

      I tried searching for a FAQ but failed to find one so I hope it is OK to post about my C++ JSON Serializer/De-Serializer here.

      I reviewed a couple of alternative C++ libraries for JSON parsing but found non adequate (in terms of ease of use). So I built my own:

      I have posted my project on Git-Hub <https://github.com/Loki-Astari/ThorsSerializer> and placed the code in the public domain <https://github.com/Loki-Astari/ThorsSerializer/blob/master/COPYRIGHT>.

      Note:
      The code is still Alpha (I have only tested in my own code base (though there are extensive unit tests provided)).
      Know deficiencies: The parser currently assumes UTF-8 input.

      Objective:
      ==========
      The objective is to make serialization/de-serialization of C++ object to/from JSON trivial.

      This means:
      1. does not build a JSON object. Reads data directly into C++ object.
      2. In normal usage there should be NO need to write any code.
      3. User should not need to understand JSON or validate its input.
      4. Should work seamlessly with streams.
      5. Standard containers should automatically work

      Note: I tried to post example usage here but the formatting worked against me and it looked really bad.

      See the README: https://github.com/Loki-Astari/ThorsSerializer/blob/master/README
      and the test.cpp: https://github.com/Loki-Astari/ThorsSerializer/blob/master/test.cpp

      I am also getting the code reviewed here:
      http://codereview.stackexchange.com/questions/11138/json-serializer

      Enjoy Loki.