JSON Editor Online version 1.0 released

  • wjosdejong
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21 3:50 AM
      Hi all,

      I have just released version 1.0 of JSON Editor Online:

      http://jsoneditoronline.org <http://jsoneditoronline.org>

      JSON Editor Online is a tool to easily edit and format JSON online. JSON
      is displayed in a clear, editable treeview and in formatted plain text.

      I hope the tool will be useful for you.

      Suggestions for improvements are always welcome!

      Jos

    • Jonas Tärnström
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22 10:35 AM
        Cool project:
        Would it be possible to have changes synced from left<->right when ever
        I've finished edited or during at some intervals?

        //JT

        2012/4/21 wjosdejong <wjosdejong@...>

        > **
        >

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have just released version 1.0 of JSON Editor Online:
        >
        > http://jsoneditoronline.org <http://jsoneditoronline.org>
        >
        > JSON Editor Online is a tool to easily edit and format JSON online. JSON
        > is displayed in a clear, editable treeview and in formatted plain text.
        >
        > I hope the tool will be useful for you.
        >
        > Suggestions for improvements are always welcome!
        >
        > Jos

        Jonas T�rnstr�m
        Product Manager
        � e-mail: jonas.tarnstrom@...
        � skype: full name "Jonas T�rnstr�m"
        � phone: +46 (0)734 231 552

        ESN Social Software AB
        www.esn.me

      • wjosdejong
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23 12:09 AM
          Thanks. Automatically updating the left/right side would be nice indeed. So far I didn't do that, it is a little bit tricky: when handling large files (say 10000 lines) it gets slow, and then your browser "hangs" while syncing. I don't know yet how to solve that nicely. Maybe make it an option, or automatically turn off auto-syncing when the browser detects that it takes more than 100ms or so, or smartly detect idle moments and use that to sync.

          Besides that I still have a lot of ideas in mind: implementing shortcut keys, implement undo/redo, store last state, load/save files from disk or url, implement schema validation, etc.

          Jos