Re: [json] Re: Operator-overloaded JSON API: best way to handle arrays?

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2012
      wjosdejong scripsit:

      > I think implicitly creating arrays is quite tricky. For example,
      > if you look at
      > jsondoc["foo"][1]["bar"] = "harhar";
      > the type of the key (String or Number) determines if an object or an
      > array will be created...

      On the contrary, I think this is a very good idea. It's called
      "autovivification" in Perl, and is very convenient. It is particularly
      nice that the static type of the key determines what sort of JSON object
      to make.

      --
      John Cowan cowan@... http://ccil.org/~cowan
      This great college [Trinity], of this ancient university [Cambridge],