Re: [json] c++ library benchmark

  • Rob Meijer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2011
      This benchmark seems to test the wrong thing. A library that is lazy in
      parsing and pre-serializes on each update would likely perform poorly in
      real operation but would outperform all others according to this benchmark.
      On Nov 22, 2011 4:09 PM, "jonathan wallace" <ninja9578@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hello,
      > I was sent a message on sourceforge a while ago about someone doing a
      > benchmark test of the most popular c++ json libraries.
      >
      > He compared json_spirit (Boost), CAJUN, and libjson. He attempted to
      > include jsoncpp in his tests, but said he couldn't get it to compile.
      >
      > I was sent the results this weekend:
      > http://lijoblogs.blogspot.com/2011/11/comparison-and-benchmark-of-c-json.html
      >
      > I was surprised that json_spirit performed so poorly considering it's part
      > of Boost. CAJUN ran more than five times faster than it and libjson ran
      > almost FIVE HUNDRED times faster than it.
      >
      > Jon

    • jonathan wallace
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
        Oops, I mentioned that to the benchmarker, I thought he altered the benchmark.  You can see the benchmark to libjson fully parsing in the comment of the thread he posted on my sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjson/forums/forum/1119661/topic/4756047