Re: [json] JSON Pointer Internet-Draft 01

  • Stephan Beal
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2011
      On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Paul C. Bryan <paul.bryan@...>wrote:

      > **
      >
      > I've posted the second draft of the JSON Pointer Internet-Draft to the
      > IETF:
      >
      > http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pbryan-zyp-json-pointer-01
      >
      > It should address all of the outstanding issues that have been raised to
      > date. Your feedback is welcome.

      i don't know if this would be useful in the larger context of your RFC, but
      rather than reserving a specific path character (since library-level code
      cannot expect arbitrary JSON to conform to one), in my code where i use
      "path-like strings" to search for JSON data i instead require that the
      caller specify the separator character (to avoid awkward encoding issues).
      So, instead of a path like "foo/bar/baz", i require "XfooXbarXbaz", where X
      is any character guaranteed (by the client, not the library!) to not appear
      in any key name in the path. That X is then used as the separator for the
      search string. This approach does not address absolute vs. relative paths,
      however, and assumes that all searches are relative to an object provided by
      the client.

      --
      ----- stephan beal
      http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/