Re: Future of JSON

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
      > Yahoo is now supporting JSON for their WebServices - is that
      because Douglas Crockford works for Yahoo? What is the status of
      http://JSON.Org (it now re-directs to http://www.crockford.com/JSON/ )
      and what is http://Json.Com ?

      > Does anyone other than Yahoo support JSON? Do not get me wrong -
      I think it is thinner than XML and easier to use on the client, but
      there are ALOT of tools for XML, and I want to know if this 'new'
      technology has a future

      Yahoo! is using JSON because it works. JSON.org continues to be and
      will always be independent of Yahoo! or any other company. JSON.org
      does not claim ownership of anything except its own source code which
      it freely licenses. There are absolutely no restrictions on the use of
      JSON. There are no trademark restrictions.

      I have no idea what Json.com is.