Re: [json] Re: Universal Binary JSON Specification

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 76 , Sep 23, 2011
      Patrick Maupin scripsit:

      > In terms of design features, have you looked at the Python
      > pickle/cPickle modules?  Even though the problem you are solving is
      > not exactly the same as the problem those solve, the problems are
      > quite similar, and it may be instructive to examine a data format that
      > solves a similar problem, and the well-tested underlying code (both
      > pure Python and C available) that implements readers and writers for
      > the format.

      Unfortunately, the various pickle formats are apparently not documented
      anywhere that Google can find. Can you provide a pointer?

      (There is also a JavaScript implementation, but it handles only pickle
      format 0, the textual representation, as you'd expect.)

      --
      John Cowan cowan@... http://ccil.org/~cowan
      Any sufficiently-complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc,
      Message 76 of 76 , Feb 20, 2012
        > Stephan,

        good thing.