Re: [json] Re: Universal Binary JSON Specification

    Message 1 of 76 , Sep 21, 2011
      On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:50 PM, rkalla123 <rkalla@...> wrote:
      > Don,
      >
      > I see your point. The way I understand it is that this would require 2 new data types, effectively BigInt and BigDecimal.
      >
      > So say something along these lines:
      >
      > bigint - marker 'G'
      > [G][129][129 big-endian ordered bytes representing a BigInt]
      >
      > bigdouble - marker 'W'
      > [W][222][222 big-endian ordered bytes representing a BigDecimal]
      >

      > Thoughts?

      Yes, to properly support full JSON data set, one should provide
      BigInteger/-Decimal either binary representations or by embedding
      textual representation.

      In practice I doubt it is needed all that often; BSON for example does
      not support such types (unless I misread
      [http://groups.google.com/group/bson/browse_thread/thread/d298c0ab50b01e4?pli=1])

      Message 76 of 76 , Feb 20, 2012
        > Stephan,

        good thing.