Re: [json] Universal Binary JSON Specification

  • Stephan Beal
    Message 1 of 76 , Sep 21 10:44 AM
      On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...>wrote:

      > **
      > You might be interested in an existing such specification called
      > Smile: http://wiki.fasterxml.com/SmileFormatSpec
      > which was specified about a year ago, has Java and C implementations,
      > and used by a few projects/products like ElasticSearch.

      Thank you for that. Smile's requirement that impls be capable of supporting
      "shared strings" seems a bit draconian to me, though. That adds non-trivial
      parser/writer infrastructure which would otherwise not be required
      (especially in C, which doesn't have standard containers we can use to store
      such strings/references in).

      --
      ----- stephan beal
      http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/