Re: [json] Future of JSON

  • MPCM
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
      You may want to look through these messages of the group. I'm fairly
      certain everyone here would say it has a future, even without Yahoo in
      the picture.

      --
      Matt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        > Yahoo is now supporting JSON for their WebServices - is that
        because Douglas Crockford works for Yahoo? What is the status of
        http://JSON.Org (it now re-directs to http://www.crockford.com/JSON/ )
        and what is http://Json.Com ?

        > Does anyone other than Yahoo support JSON? Do not get me wrong -
        I think it is thinner than XML and easier to use on the client, but
        there are ALOT of tools for XML, and I want to know if this 'new'
        technology has a future

        Yahoo! is using JSON because it works. JSON.org continues to be and
        will always be independent of Yahoo! or any other company. JSON.org
        does not claim ownership of anything except its own source code which
        it freely licenses. There are absolutely no restrictions on the use of
        JSON. There are no trademark restrictions.

        I have no idea what Json.com is.