Future of JSON

  • Anthony Mouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
      What is the future of JSON?
      Yahoo is now supporting JSON for their WebServices - is that because Douglas Crockford works for Yahoo? What is the status of http://JSON.Org (it now re-directs to http://www.crockford.com/JSON/ ) and what is http://Json.Com ?

      Does anyone other than Yahoo support JSON? Do not get me wrong - I think it is thinner than XML and easier to use on the client, but there are ALOT of tools for XML, and I want to know if this 'new' technology has a future

      Thanks

    • MPCM
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        You may want to look through these messages of the group. I'm fairly
        certain everyone here would say it has a future, even without Yahoo in
        the picture.

        --
        Matt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
          > Yahoo is now supporting JSON for their WebServices - is that
          because Douglas Crockford works for Yahoo? What is the status of
          http://JSON.Org (it now re-directs to http://www.crockford.com/JSON/ )
          and what is http://Json.Com ?

          > Does anyone other than Yahoo support JSON? Do not get me wrong -
          I think it is thinner than XML and easier to use on the client, but
          there are ALOT of tools for XML, and I want to know if this 'new'
          technology has a future

          Yahoo! is using JSON because it works. JSON.org continues to be and
          will always be independent of Yahoo! or any other company. JSON.org
          does not claim ownership of anything except its own source code which
          it freely licenses. There are absolutely no restrictions on the use of
          JSON. There are no trademark restrictions.

          I have no idea what Json.com is.