Re: [json] Re: A new java JSON API + Up to date benchmarks and test for most existing Json API.

    Message 1 of 18 , May 23, 2011
      On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:49 AM, marsdenjw <j.w.marsden@...> wrote:
      > Hi Tatu,
      >
      > If that question was addressed to me, then no, I dont have the source. I just made unit tests for each test I was said to fail and went from there (https://bitbucket.org/openecho/jsonij/src/a25fd28c1d77/src/test/java/jsonij/json/SJTest.java). Im not sure how fussy his code is about spaces and differences in valid results...

      Sorry, it was question to author, and he did actually add a link to
      wiki. So I was able to figure it out, and submit a patch for jackson
      test. I hope authors of other JSON libs can do the same, so that
      results reflect actual working of libs.

      > I agree totally with the byte sequence comment. Every time I use JSON I am parsing from a HTTP source or I am loading from a file.

      Yeah, that is my experience as well. Maybe this was based on using a
      framework that does loading and decoding first, just passing JSON
      contents. Occasionally this is true, when binding data from form
      parameters or something. But not very often at least for me.

      -+ Tatu +-
    • uriel.chemouni
      Message 2 of 18 , May 23, 2011
        do not hesitate to submit paths to my benchmark code.
        The new version display warmed-up JVM result, and display all results as percents.
        The results are easier to read.

        --- In json@yahoogroups.com, Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta@...> wrote:

        > On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:49 AM, marsdenjw <j.w.marsden@...> wrote:
        > > Hi Tatu,
        > >
        > > If that question was addressed to me, then no, I dont have the source. I just made unit tests for each test I was said to fail and went from there (https://bitbucket.org/openecho/jsonij/src/a25fd28c1d77/src/test/java/jsonij/json/SJTest.java). Im not sure how fussy his code is about spaces and differences in valid results...
        >
        > Sorry, it was question to author, and he did actually add a link to
        > wiki. So I was able to figure it out, and submit a patch for jackson
        > test. I hope authors of other JSON libs can do the same, so that
        > results reflect actual working of libs.
        >
        > > I agree totally with the byte sequence comment. Every time I use JSON I am parsing from a HTTP source or I am loading from a file.
        >
        > Yeah, that is my experience as well. Maybe this was based on using a
        > framework that does loading and decoding first, just passing JSON
        > contents. Occasionally this is true, when binding data from form
        > parameters or something. But not very often at least for me.
        >
        > -+ Tatu +-

      • Mark Joseph
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2012
          https://www.p6r.com/articles/2012/01/30/p6r-kmip-toolkit-introduction/