Re: Re[2]: [json] libjson 7.0 new features

  • jonathan wallace
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2011
      If there is a standard JSON benchmark that would be nice.

      I've only compared it to wxJSON, cJSON, and a few others.

      "People have always been impressed by the power of our example, not the example of our power." - William Jefferson Clinton

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2011
        On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM, jonathan wallace <ninja9578@...> wrote:
        > If there is a standard JSON benchmark that would be nice.
        >

        > I've only compared it to wxJSON, cJSON, and a few others.

        I suspect many users would like to see comparisons. Maybe blog about
        it or such (and include test code), or send a link if already
        published?

        I don't doubt at all that there are differences, given difference
        skill & experience levels of implementors (and the common "simplest
        must be fasters" fallacy wrt performance). It's just hard to find out
        real numbers when project home pages do not show measurements, just
        state results.

        -+ Tatu +-
      • Jonathan Wallace
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
          Well there is a benchmark included in the source, but it's mostly for my own purposes of comparing upgrade versions against the previous version. I think ill come up a set of common json tasks and implement them in a few libraries or ask the library maintained to do it to be sure it's done right.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
            On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Jonathan Wallace <ninja9578@...> wrote:
            > Well there is a benchmark included in the source, but it's mostly for my own purposes of comparing upgrade versions against the previous version.  I think ill come up a set of common json tasks and implement them in a few libraries or ask the library maintained to do it to be sure it's done right.

            That would be very useful! I know it might be bit of work, given
            differing APIs and all.. but then again, it should be beneficial for
            authors of other packages to work on being able to run similar tests.
            So it should be possible to get things bootstrapped. This is how
            "jvm-serializers" (https://github.com/eishay/jvm-serializers) for Java
            serialization libraries started, and seems to work quite well.