Re: [json] Java JSON

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 24, 2011
      On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Dennis Gearon <gearond@...> wrote:
      > If there was anything that bugs ME, is incomplete documentation and 'just read
      > the code' type of libraries.

      True. That also contributes to feeling of "but how is this different".
      Maybe there are strengths, but if finding those requires reading
      sources, yeah, that's lots to ask.

      And it's also easier to accumulate documentation when projects grow;
      and having small number of leading libs helps the snowball effect.

      -+ Tatu +-
    • Dennis Gearon
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 24, 2011
        I'm working on documenting my own API (JSON, JSON-RPCish), and it's a lot of
        work. I just keep reminding myself how I'd like to read it.

        Dennis Gearon

        Signature Warning
        ----------------
        It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a better
        idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself.
        from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

        EARTH has a Right To Life,
        otherwise we all die.

        ________________________________
        > If there was anything that bugs ME, is incomplete documentation and 'just read
        > the code' type of libraries.

        True. That also contributes to feeling of "but how is this different".
        Maybe there are strengths, but if finding those requires reading
        sources, yeah, that's lots to ask.

        And it's also easier to accumulate documentation when projects grow;
        and having small number of leading libs helps the snowball effect.

      • codeWarrior
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 26, 2011

          > The JSON.org page currently lists 21 packages for Java. Will the Java community ever converge on one as some other language communities are doing?

          Hopefully not... software is software... there's always more than one way to skin the proverbial cat...

          "there can be only one" is reminiscent of MicroSloth... As a developer, I require options...