WYSIWYG tool for generating JSON and XML?

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2011
      Does anyone know of a good WYSIWYG tool for creating a hierarchy of objects/elements and fields/attributes that exports to both XML and JSON? I downloaded XMLSpy (PC only) but my VMWare is on the fritz right now so I haven't tested that out yet.
    • Patrick Maupin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2011
        Not really a wysiwyg, but I have a different textual representation of JSON
        called RSON. It's extremely easy to work with in a text editor.

        The manual is here:
        http://code.google.com/p/rson/downloads/detail?name=rson_0_06_manual.pdf

        An example file using this is here:
        http://code.google.com/p/rst2pdf/source/browse/trunk/rst2pdf/styles/default.style?r=2417

        It is extremely easy to parse this and then output JSON -- basically a 2
        line python program once the libraries are installed.

        There is also a RSON superset -> XML example here:
        http://code.google.com/p/rson/source/browse/trunk/py2x/tools/testxml.py?r=103

        Regards,
        Pat